Tuesday, July 5, 2011

The MCAT Journey Begins

Well, I've amassed a collection of MCAT study material so it is time I put it to use. Although I wanted to follow the SN2ed schedule, my study plans have already taken on a life of their own. I originally was trying to stretch out the SN2ed 4-month plan to about 9 months, but I'm already off schedule. So far, my plan roughly consists of one day of Bio, one day of Gen Chem, one day of Physics, and one day of Verbal Reasoning passages per week. I haven't taken OChem yet so I can't really study the respective MCAT material. I'm trying to review at least one chapter per study day (or 2) if possible. Currently, the books I'm using are TPR Gen Chem (and a little EK Gen Chem 1001), EK Bio, Nova Physics, and EK VR 101.

Starting 9 months ahead of my planned MCAT exam date might seem early to some, but I can already tell I'll need the extra time with my busy schedule. I don't have the luxury of taking a summer off to devote to MCAT prep. Somehow, I need to balance this with school, work, volunteering, and other obligations. This Fall semester will be my biggest challenge yet. I anticipate on taking OChem I w/lab, Physics II w/lab, and Genetics while working at least 20 hours a week and volunteering when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment