Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Goal - MCAT Destruction

Okay, CRUSHING the MCAT (Medical College Admission Test) might sound overzealous but this is the attitude I must have going forward. I'll take you on my journey to grabbing the MCAT by the horns and wrestling it to the ground. I don't have a magic formula but I do have the work ethic and determination to nail this thing.

So, let's get started with Step 1: Get Started.
Sounds simple but is it? Should I start preparing for the MCAT today? Or wait until tomorrow when I have more time? Better yet, next week will be a great time to start. WRONG! A hard fact is you NEVER have more time in life. Your life's clock is ticking right now so stop waiting and start NOW!

Get moving by going to AAMC's (Association of American Medical Colleges) website and checking out their list of topics covered in the MCAT.

The fours topics are:
- Physical Sciences
- Verbal Reasoning
- Biological Sciences
- Writing Prompts

As of this posting, the link with detailed topic coverage at AAMC is:
https://www.aamc.org/students/applying/mcat/preparing/

A great resource for starters is AAMC's MSAR book:


The book is usually available at the library or your school's premed advisor's office if you have one at your school. Or at AAMC's website. It is a good reference to see what the average MCAT scores of students accept to the various medical schools.

Great! You're still with me so get your game face on and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment